Applying with LinkedIn
Senior Civil Engineer
NUTS AND BOLTS
- Civil design and management in urban development projects, particularly residential subdivisions and large scale retail developments as well as brownfields urban development across residential, commercial and industrial sectors of the market.
- Technical expertise in stormwater drainage design and flood modelling, pavement designs, traffic management, services relocation, earthworks, roads and carpark design
- Detailed design and documentation, site investigation, engineering reports and construction phase services
KEY CLIENT FRONT
- Project management, client management, financial management
- Take a project from design to delivery, manage and co-ordinate design team. Be the key client contact for projects 800+ lots.
- Naturally you will need to be confident and comfortable sitting in front of clients on a daily basis
- Their staff are trained to understand the whole building process, to think like a builder, an engineer and an architect, including understanding costing of building, and practicalities, so they are able to push on the ‘outside the box thinking’ – ie solutions driven.
- They see themselves as problem solvers, above all else. Even if that is outside the normal scope of work they do sometimes. They “take the complexity out of complexity”. That’s a unique selling point they use.
- They are agile and responsive to clients’ needs, and that helps them pick up work from much larger companies
- To start out the position will be focussed on developing and leveraging off existing relationships, naturally building into your own networks as well. The MD and Auckland Branch manager spends a decent amount of time with clients in Auckland
- They work with large national developers, some relationships going back over 14 years, so have plenty of existing business to leverage off.
Must have a Civil Engineering Degree, preferably Chartered Status, at least 8 years’ experience (with at least 18months in NZ). Strong business acumen, team leadership and a previous client facing role would be advantageous.